Montessori Western Teacher Training Program
To Facilitate the Development of the “Whole” Adult
The mission of Montessori Western Teacher Training Program is to facilitate the development of the “whole” adult. Our approach is to present the Montessori Method as an open-ended system designed to foster autonomy. We support this model by providing a related group of varied experiences that are congruent, on an adult level, with the child’s experience and growth in a Montessori setting.
Our Educational Philosophy:
- Learning is part of the process of living.
- Each person is responsible for her/his own learning.
- To learn, one must participate!
- Montessori teacher preparation provides a context in which to study both child and self.
- Relationships with others in the learning environment must provide a basis for acceptance and mutual support to create a safe space for knowing and being.
- Clear objectives and organization of material and environment facilitate tasks of both teacher and learner.
- Educational methods which encourage active student participation in the instructional process result in more complete and effective learning.
- Evaluation is an integral part of learning activity. It provides an ongoing clarification of responsibility and facilitates expansion of personal goals.
Montessori Western Teacher Training Program (MWTTP)
Affiliated by the American Montessori Society (AMS)
Accredited by the Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education (MACTE)
Licensed by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE)